Design Group Staffing is currently recruiting for an Instrumentation Technologist/Engineer for our local owner/operator client in the Edmonton area. This is a contract position estimated to last approximately 1 year. PRINCIPAL TASKS: Specific Accountabilities: * Instrumentation support to Maintenance and Operations.
* Design, implementation and close out of minor plant changes.
* Front end support and review, approval and sign off of SPG projects.
* To maintain a list of Instrument reliability issues. * Maintenance of instrumentation databases including Intools.
* To maintain long term I&C work list and to prioritize the instrumentation work.
* To perform instrument related engineering calculations including valve and transmitter sizing * To review and approve Operations & Maintenance procedures
* To participate in risk assessment, HAZOP, SIL assessment and CTA meetings
* To propose solutions for FIM incidents pertaining to Instrumentation Key Challenges: * To Respond to abnormal situations in a quick and responsive manner
* Monitoring the plant performance and to take a proactive action for the instrumentation related issues.
* To accurately maintain the technical documentation, i.e. instrumentation datasheets, P&IDs, Loop drawings SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Technical Skills * Instrumentation calculations and fundamental principals - control valve sizing, flow compensation, level, thermowell vibration.
* Support troubleshooting of process plant instrumentation and control issues
* Familiar with Intool smart plant applications, i.e. create loop drawings, datasheets
* At least 5 years of field experience in a refinery or Upgrader environment or similar.
* PI, Intools, Bentley Nevada, instrumentation knowledge of field devices and testing equipment
* Eligibility to APEGGA registration will be considered an asset.
* Upgrading Process, SIS, Foundation Field Bus Technology. Critical Skills and Knowledge Description * Previous experience with safety instrumented systems and/or DCS will be considered an asset. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: College or University Graduate HOW TO APPLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, Dec 19, 2011 All interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter in MS Word to the attention of Andrea Ryan, (click to respond) We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration. abc987
Listing originally posted at http://www.jobmagic.com/job/Instrumentation-Technologist-Engineer-Job-Fort-Saskatchewan-AB-9312961.html